Friday, June 26, 2009

Drama Mamas.

"Hey Kelly, I hate to tell you this, but..."

Stop right there. I'm guessing I'm going to hate receiving this information, more than you hate telling it to me.

Everyone has this person in their life. They're the grapevine, the news-breaker. The drama-lover.

I hate drama. There's just no need for it, yet I always seem to be cast as a starring role in a lot of other people's drama. I need to figure this out so I can stop attracting this situation.

And really? Do they really hate telling this to me? Because the drama-lovers seem pretty pumped up about being the first to break whatever shitty news they're about to tell me.

I always feel manipulated when they begin their conversation with the 'ol standby, "I hate to tell you this, but..." Frankly, I'm guessing they're incredibly grateful they're not me.

They seem to want to share the shock/shame/embarrassment with me, which is confusing to me. I'm pretty good at feeling any one of those emotions, so I don't need a co-pilot. I can drive that ship pretty well myself, thankyouverymuch.

Life already has all kinds of organic drama baked into it. Why do drama mamas create more of it? What is behind this over-inflation of information? Are they bored?

Perhaps they should try skydiving or heck, I don't know, focus on their own life instead of mine. That could be helpful. I'm a big girl and can handle my own life without a personal reporter narrating all my experiences for me.

So there we have it. Drama mamas, take a break this week. Look at the glass half full and enjoy everything life has to offer this week. No crisis, no emergencies, nothing to panic about. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment