Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Mom - I KNOW!"

I have this conversation with my daughter Paige quite a bit. At dinner I will remind her that in order to have ice cream, she needs to finish her dinner. I rarely get the entire sentence out before she throws her arms up like a police officer and says, "MOM! I KNOW! Stop talking about it. I already know."

That is the response to all my motherly suggestions:

Brush your teeth or they will rot out of your mouth. I KNOW!

Put on sunscreen or you will be bacon in about 4 minutes. Stop talking, Mom - I KNOW!

Clean your bedroom before we all catch a deadly disease. MOM! I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW!

Let's trim your toenails before the FBI uses them for weapons. MOM! Stop it! I KNOW!

Then she said, "Mom, I know ALL of these things. I'm eight. I even know how to text on a Blueberry."

Well, I guess that settles it, then.

I tucked my Blackberry back into my purse knowing that indeed I am still in charge around here even though some days it doesn't feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment